.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Turquoise

From my trip to Copenhagen I brought a dress of lovely turquoise and light fabric. Just right for the summer. But the cutting was a bit too unfavourable and put a bad light on my figure. The skirt of the dress was too long and much too wide. So in a 1st step I shortened the hem and in a 2nd step I made the skirt narrower. 
This is how the dress looked like after these 1st two steps (I'm afraid I forgot to take a before picture):
What you can see on top of the dress form is a string of lights which can easily be removed - but gives my cabinet a nice and soft light in the evenings.
I removed the spaghetti straps and re-used them to make a sweet bow. The shortening of the dress gave me some extra fabric I could use for making broader straps and a cute flower adorning one of the straps.

Now the dress looks so much better than before. I just love the flower and the bow. And of course the colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment