.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sun in the bedroom

This is how one corner of our bedroom looks right now. As you can see we are hiding a part of our wardrobe behind the curtains. And as it's quite springlike outside (aahh right, it's supposed to be summer - but seems the summer needs to take a little break after a really very sunny last week) I thought it's time to bring a bit of sunny and lively colour in the room.


So I took this sweet orange fabric with a nice floral design and lovely birds (I love birds and I hope Lilly didn't hear that) to sew new curtains. The fabric already waited quite a year for getting out of its closet. Got it as a present from my luv. As I need a pair of curtains of 3 m length the cutting and handling of the fabric was a bit tricky.


Of course Lilly also checked the fabric. Think she loves it.


The lower and side edges are now seamed. What still needs to be done are the binding ribbons for the top - 24 pair of binding ribbons!!! This will take a bit of time as I'm put out of action in the moment.


But Lilly is happy I'm joining her the whole day.

Hope I can finish my sunshine project very soon and hope you will like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment